Theatre at the Grove maintains a causal atmosphere. It is our policy to encourage play-goers to bring their own snacks and beverages . Our round table seating provides for a comfortable setting to sit back and relax with your friends and family and enjoy the performance.
The Grove maintains a concession for the purchase of snacks, soda & water
The Grove Theatre first opened in the 1930’s and, for almost 30 years, served as a summer stock theater. Stars such as Kirk Douglas and Imogene Coca graced the stage here and later moved on to Broadway and Hollywood.
In the late 1950’s, the theater closed and was purchased by the Diocese of Scranton. It was renamed St. Ann’s Church and served as a Catholic Church for 50 years.
In 1999, the Nuangola Lake Association and the Nuangola Fire Department partnered to purchase the Grove Building. It was renovated by a group of dedicated community volunteers and, in 2003, was reopened by the Nuangola Grove Association as the Theatre at the Grove and a rental event center.